Beyond Photonics has keen interest in laser and lidar product development, as relevant markets mature and expand. Over the years our team members have taken numerous photonic concepts from the earliest stages of development to hardened products for use in demanding operating environments, including harsh airborne applications. Below you can explore a couple of products that we expect to follow with more extensive offerings in the near future.
- CO2 lasers
- Holmium and Thulium Lasers
- IR Diodes (e.g., Quantum Cascade Diode Lasers)
- Far-IR, Terahertz sources
- Nonlinear Sources (OPOs, OPAs)
- Sensitive (3 mW/cm2), high spatial resolution display uses precision temperature stabilized liquid crystal
- Sharper spatial resolution and greater wavelength range (0.8 µm-Far IR) compared to orange phosphor or cumbersome UV-charged passive cards
- 30 W/cm2 damage threshold—simple and inexpensive liquid crystal sensor replacement if damage does occur
- Lightweight, hand-held design; post-mountable in “portrait” & “landscape” orientations for hands-free use
- Same performance as our original CoolCardTM, but with enhanced flexibility for lab, factory floor, or field use
Swift cw Frequency-Tunable Single-Frequency Laser
Tm,Ho:YLF Swift Specifications
- 2047-2059 nm factory-set peak wavelength; mode-hop-free user-tunable ±0.14 nm/±10 GHz with integral PZT tuning; tunable ±0.20 nm/±29 GHz with combination of PZT and thermal tuning
- Integral 60 dB Faraday isolation and single-mode PM fiber coupling standard
- CW single-frequency output power in excess of 30 mW; greater than 100 mW available as an option.
- Very compact sealed laser head: 1.2” W x 2.8” L x 1” H; conduction-cooled design
- Compact digital controller: 9” W x 7” D x 4” H; user-controlled via PC/GUI.
- Fast piezo single-frequency tuning (>20 GHz); also capable of being thermally tuned. Larger piezo tuning range available on request.
- Linewidth less than 10 kHz/ms (dependent on piezo drive characteristics).
- Long-term frequency drift less than 1 GHz/day. Inquire about improved linewidth and long-term frequency stability via actively locking to an external reference.
- Linearly polarized output (> 100:1)
- Power requirements: 110 VAC, 60 Hz. Single 2 m long cable from laser head to compact table-top controller. Other OEM controller formats available on request.